Posted to alt.home.repair
Winston Winston is offline

Default Electric mower / trimmer?

wrote:
Winston wrote:
Hi all,

I've a friend who is losing a battle with some 4' tall, fibrous
weeds on her 1/4 acre lot. I bought a gas powered brush cutter
and knocked them over once but they are back.

(...)

There are probably contractors who can mow and later spray the stuff.
I'd try to call some. Does she intend to keep the weeds and just keep
mowing or cutting, or does she have a plan to change the landscaping?

She has no plan to change the landscaping.
She just wants to keep the plot flattened.

I find it more than a little suspicious that these weeds should
pop up on her property and not on any of the surrounding
neighbor's land. I'm keeping that thought to myself however.

I've known her for nearly 30 years; I suspect she
will continue buying and breaking N+1 A.C. weed whackers.

She does make *some* headway with the little whackers.
On average, she clears about 5% as much square footage as I
can using my 2 stroke brush cutter in the same amount of time.

I offered to go back and clear the weeds again but she *wants
to do it herself*.

Oh Well.

--Winston