Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] salty@dog.com is offline

Default Electric mower / trimmer?

On Mon, 17 Aug 2009 13:46:07 -0700, Winston
wrote:

Pete C. wrote:

(...)

Oddly enough, it is my larger 4-stroke items that give me the most
grief, however pulling the carb off and running it through my ultrasonic
cleaner with Simple Green solution followed by a blow dry with
compressed air resolves most issues for quite a while.

Perhaps you have seen a non-aficionado struggle
with starting a small gas engine? It is very frustrating
for them because they can't do the 'Briggs Mind Meld'
necessary to set the machine up properly and they don't
have the troubleshooting ability necessary to recover when
the motor becomes flooded, etc. My friend has no interest
in the physics of gas engines. I understand that it is
possible on an intellectual level not to like little gas
engines.

Thanks!

--Winston

It is becoming clear that your "friend" really doesn't want to get rid
of the weeds. Several here have told you what it would take, but you
are sure your friend won't do what it takes. I'd say the weeds are
safe.

The only real option left is to hire somebody who IS willing to do
what it takes to remove the weeds. You have exhausted the reasonable
options for do it yourself solutions.