Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] salty@dog.com is offline

Default Electric mower / trimmer?

On Mon, 17 Aug 2009 16:17:05 -0400, "Don Phillipson"
wrote:

I've a friend who is losing a battle with some 4' tall, fibrous
weeds on her 1/4 acre lot. I bought a gas powered brush cutter
and knocked them over once but they are back.

wrote in message
.. .

A couple years ago, I set aside a brand new (used it about 5 times)
2-stroke brush cutter that was always hard starting, and replaced it
with a 4-stroke Cadet brush cutter from Home Despot. The difference is
night and day. The 4-stroke always starts on the first or second pull,
even after sitting for 6 months. It is quieter, smells better, and

No such problems with my scythe. So long as you resharpen
often, a scythe cuts brush about as fast as a power tool.

Maybe as fast, but not nearly as easily. Not everybody is young and
healthy.

As for problems, I don't have any with my brush cutter. It works
great.