Posted to alt.home.repair
Winston Winston is offline

Default Electric mower / trimmer?

wrote:
On Aug 17, 2:05 pm, Winston wrote:
Short of slicing the front wheels off an A.C. mower, what
can I do to help her be self-sufficient?

No matter how hard you pound, the square peg will not fit the round
hole.

I agree.

There is no AC powered tool appropriate for this job. Get her over her
irrational fear of gas power tools, buy a 4-stroke Cub Cadet brush
trimmer, teach her proper maintenance, and off she goes.

Nup. Look up 'Stubborn' in the dictionary.
You will see a picture of my friend.
I bought her a 4 stroke gas lawn mower.
She sold it in a garage sale.

That 4 stroke brush trimmer is the exact right tool for you and me.
Ain't gonna work for my friend.

Instead of just knocking the weeds down, though, you really should be
looking at ways to KILL them. Insanity is defined as performing the
same task over and over and expecting a different result. Cutting the
weeds down obviously isn't working, as they just grow back faster.

I agree. Several applications of Roundup has not affected these
plants. I suggested several times that the soil pH can be readjusted
to be 'weed unfriendly' in this vacant lot. She is not a great
listener however.

Thanks!

--Winston