Posted to uk.d-i-y
geoff geoff is offline

Default Pointing

In message
,
Lino expert writes
On 17 Aug, 22:31, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:
Got to do a fair bit of pointing soon, old stuff pretty crumbly so I assume
the best tool is one of those wheelie things with a nail in it? *Rather than
the TCT rasps for angle grinders? *They look a mite tricky to control?

I've also seen a sort of sealant gun for
mortarhttp://www.toolstation.com/shop/Hand+Tools/Builders+Tools/Pointin
g+Gu...

Are these any good? *Bit wary after spending money on a Durgun which was
useless (I know its for a different application).

Save yer dosh, Medders;
Step 1: Extend forefinger;
Step 2: Fold down all other fingers towards palm;
Step 3: Tuck thumb over joints in folded middle finger;
Step 4: Align tip of extended forefinger with item to be indicated.

Try that in Chatham and someone would nut you

--
geoff