Posted to rec.woodworking
RonB[_2_] RonB[_2_] is offline

Default Thompson's Water Seal

On Aug 16, 10:56*pm, RonB wrote:
On Aug 16, 7:06*pm, notbob wrote:

Is it any good, or just hype.

nb

If you are talking about the square 4 or 5 quart can that sells in the
$20-25 range it is a 2 year solution at best. *I used it on the deck
of a previous house for a few years. *then we built a fence and
decided to go to something different. *We put Olympic premium on both
about three years ago. *Sold the house but had a chance to see it a
couple of weeks ago and the fence looks great. *Costs more but well
worth it.

RonB

I believe I should have said Olympic "Maximum". You can get the
Olympic products in a light tint or a full stain. We used the tint
which lets grain definition get through better. A neighbor used the
stain version and IMO it come up looking kind of murky.

Ron