Posted to uk.d-i-y
Howard Neil Howard Neil is offline

Default Bladders in water pumps

Howard Neil wrote:

Yes, it's definitely a pressure leak. However, how does the water get
from one side of the bladder to the other without going through it? Yet
I can find no sign of a hole. I have ruled out osmosis as otherwise a
similar effect would have been noticed in other bladders. My only
thought is that there is a hole that only appears when the bladder is
under tension and I hoped there would be someone on uk.d-i-y who could
confirm or deny this possibility.

Still, only half an hour now and I should be able to speak to the main
agents.

I have now spoken to the main agents and they have been most helpful.
They agree that it is probably a small hole in the bladder that only
leaks under pressure. The engineer I spoke to has known this once before
(so, not a common occurrence). They are only £12.87 so not an expensive
repair but they will have to order one from Italy and Italy are all on
holiday during August.

--
Howard Neil