Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robert Laws Robert Laws is offline

Default Double glazing replacement unit.

On Aug 17, 10:32*am, Nick wrote:
I have wooden window frames in my house which contain smallish sealed
double glazed units.

The units total dimensions are appox 49cm x 46cm x 1.7cm.

The units are held in place by four wooden strips.

All in all pretty cheap and nasty.

Is it possible to get replacement units and fit them myself. If so how
should I specify dimensions and where do I order them from.

Somethign probably not to worry about overly but: You would be
"interfering with a thermal unit" and you might need to be able to
satisfy building control that the modified window meets modern
building regulations. It won't have a FENSA certificate and the new
units will probably have the date engraved inside them.

Robert