Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Stabil

"Red" wrote in message
I notice Stabil is now marketing a blend primarily for marine
engines. I thought it was a gas treatment and I never saw gas
differentiated between land and marine useage. Whats up?

Red

The gas sold at marinas is supposed to be formulated for marine use with
more detergents and water dispersants. Much more costly than regular gas.
Marine engines can suck down much more fuel per hour than the family sedan
also, so additive packages differ. 15 to 25 gallon an hour in not uncommon.
My guess is the Stabil marine version is formulated to work better with the
different additives.