Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Settling

wrote:
About 10 years ago we replaced carpet in the downstairs living room
with vinyl plank. The installers had to use a lot of mud to level the
floor and it looked great when they were done. Now, we see waves
under the flooring and cracks in the patio tile just outside.

My wife and I are wondering if the rate of settling is likely to
increase over time costing lots more to fix in the long run if we put
this off.

If it's been abnormally dry, ring the house with a soaker hose and run it
for a few hours a couple of times a week.

If you've been subject to a lot of rain, rework the water run-off away from
the house as much as possible.