Posted to alt.home.repair
Aaron Fude Aaron Fude is offline

Default How to rescue a table saw from rust

Hi,

I was given a free craftsman table saw with a cast iron top and
extensions. It's never been used and I got it in the original never
opened box.

This saw was built in 1986 and has since been sitting in someone's
garage. The box was penetrated by moisture and the table top and the
extensions are completely rusted. It seems that the top was covered by a
protective sheet of paper and it's now completely grafted onto the table
top surface.

How should I go about rescuing this saw? (The rest of the saw is in
pristine condition.)

Thank you,

Aaron