Posted to alt.home.repair
Jungle Man[_2_] Jungle Man[_2_] is offline

Default What gutter gaurds have you tried?

On Sun, 16 Aug 2009 02:01:38 +0000 (UTC), ShadowTek

On 2009-08-15, KLS wrote:

The link you provided may also not actually BE their website. This
link is far more informative:

http://www.gutterscreen.net/

If that's the same thing JungleMan was talkin about, I think I like the
HD version better. The latter have a finer mesh, and the look exactly
the same when flattened and installed under the shingles, which is what
I did with mine.

But I do like that they also have them in copper.

No, they are not even close to being the same. The stretched aluminum
i think does have slightly finer mesh openings, but are far less rigid
and less efficient. They do the job, just not as well, and with more
potential problems. I used to carry a piece of the HD aluminum crap
with me to show people the inferior construction compared to the
steelco screens.

If you flatten the arch out on the aluminum HD screens to put it
under the shingles, they will bend and sag under the weigh of snow and
ice. If you don't get snow where you are, it may not be an issue.

I'm certainly not here to argue about the pros and cons of gutter
protection products. I actually come here to get some advice about my
septic field problems, saw the subject line and thought I would chime
in to make readers aware of what I think is the best product out there
to prevent downspouts from getting clogged, based on my experience.

I don't know what link the other writer was talking about, but the
company's crappy website is gutterscreen.net. If you do website
development, you might give them a cal... lol

JM