Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - Norelco razor repair

On Sat, 15 Aug 2009 11:28:27 -0400, Frank
wrote:

Stormin Mormon wrote:
What has worked for me. I bought a Remington Microscreen
from Ebay, that takes two AA cells. I can't remember how
long I've had it in the van (for shaving touch ups while
sitting in traffic). It's been ages, and it's still humming
away on the alkaline batteries. About $15 including
delivery.

I think you can buy them in the drugstore cheaper than that. I've had
one in my travel kit for about 3 years and yet to change batteries.

Trouble with the screens vs Norelco type with slits, if a hair is
missed, it tend to be continued to be missed and will grow long.

FYI my last Norelco gave out because it would not recharge. Newer one
has a cord.

The corded ones seem to last forever and they are lighter with a lower
cost. The hairs that decide to grow flat against the skin get missed,
but get yanked out with the tweezers.