Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - Norelco razor repair

If you're using the Norelco, snap the head off. Slide
each cutter out of the plastic triangle. Then disassemble
the comb and cutter. Brush out each piece. (I had long
hair strands wound around stuff in there.) Water helps.
Pick the hair out with a tweezer, and brush the heads
and screens clean with hand wash soap and old tooth
brush.

Then reassemble the combs and cutters, slide them back
into the triangle, and snap back onto the razor. A tiny drop
of oil on each comb and cutter might help, too. Silicone
spray is better yet.

Shaves nicely, again. Easier and cheaper than going to buy
a new shaver. No trip to the store needed.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 14, 9:10*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
If you're using the Norelco, snap the head off. Slide
each cutter out of the plastic triangle. Then disassemble
the comb and cutter. Brush out each piece. (I had long
hair strands wound around stuff in there.) Water helps.
Pick the hair out with a tweezer, and brush the heads
and screens clean with hand wash soap and old tooth
brush.

Then reassemble the combs and cutters, slide them back
into the triangle, and snap back onto the razor. A tiny drop
of oil on each comb and cutter might help, too. Silicone
spray is better yet.

Shaves nicely, again. Easier and cheaper than going to buy
a new shaver. No trip to the store needed.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
*www.lds.org
.

My current one is over 3 years old and this is just normal, every few
weeks, cleaning.
Norelco trys to sell you a new head after a year but I've never bought
one - old works fine.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

Previous two Norelco had the combs get thin and break off chunks. Cost of
replacing head almost as much as new razor. My new Norelco cleans by
flipping the head open and holding under hot faucet after every couple of
shaves. Great feature.

Tom G.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 14, 8:10*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
If you're using the Norelco, snap the head off. Slide
each cutter out of the plastic triangle. Then disassemble
the comb and cutter. Brush out each piece. (I had long
hair strands wound around stuff in there.) Water helps.
Pick the hair out with a tweezer, and brush the heads
and screens clean with hand wash soap and old tooth
brush.

Then reassemble the combs and cutters, slide them back
into the triangle, and snap back onto the razor. A tiny drop
of oil on each comb and cutter might help, too. Silicone
spray is better yet.

Shaves nicely, again. Easier and cheaper than going to buy
a new shaver. No trip to the store needed.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
*www.lds.org
.

A note...comb and cutter are honed to each other-do not interchange
them!

OT-I bought a newer "better" Norelco (not a Chinese one) and was
disappointed by the time I can use it without recharging.

bob_v

Posted to alt.home.repair

What has worked for me. I bought a Remington Microscreen
from Ebay, that takes two AA cells. I can't remember how
long I've had it in the van (for shaving touch ups while
sitting in traffic). It's been ages, and it's still humming
away on the alkaline batteries. About $15 including
delivery.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Bob Villa" wrote in message

A note...comb and cutter are honed to each other-do not
interchange
them!

OT-I bought a newer "better" Norelco (not a Chinese one) and
was
disappointed by the time I can use it without recharging.

bob_v

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
What has worked for me. I bought a Remington Microscreen
from Ebay, that takes two AA cells. I can't remember how
long I've had it in the van (for shaving touch ups while
sitting in traffic). It's been ages, and it's still humming
away on the alkaline batteries. About $15 including
delivery.

I think you can buy them in the drugstore cheaper than that. I've had
one in my travel kit for about 3 years and yet to change batteries.

Trouble with the screens vs Norelco type with slits, if a hair is
missed, it tend to be continued to be missed and will grow long.

FYI my last Norelco gave out because it would not recharge. Newer one
has a cord.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat 15 Aug 2009 04:47:30a, Tom G told us...

wrote:
[...]

My latest Norelco is about 2 years old. I clean that one and prevous ones
with pressurized air. I rarely have to disassemble the heads for cleaning,
but do so occasionally when I wash and dry them.

--
Wayne Boatwright
You can tell how long a couple has been married by whether they are

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 14 Aug 2009 19:27:41 -0700, "cm" wrote:

Beards are back in fashion.....

cm

If you really want to look older, go for it. I have been told I look
15 years younger without facial hair.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 15 Aug 2009 11:28:27 -0400, Frank
wrote:

Stormin Mormon wrote:
What has worked for me. I bought a Remington Microscreen
from Ebay, that takes two AA cells. I can't remember how
long I've had it in the van (for shaving touch ups while
sitting in traffic). It's been ages, and it's still humming
away on the alkaline batteries. About $15 including
delivery.

I think you can buy them in the drugstore cheaper than that. I've had
one in my travel kit for about 3 years and yet to change batteries.

Trouble with the screens vs Norelco type with slits, if a hair is
missed, it tend to be continued to be missed and will grow long.

FYI my last Norelco gave out because it would not recharge. Newer one
has a cord.

The corded ones seem to last forever and they are lighter with a lower
cost. The hairs that decide to grow flat against the skin get missed,
but get yanked out with the tweezers.

Posted to alt.home.repair

on 8/16/2009 3:38 PM (ET) Phisherman wrote the following:
On Fri, 14 Aug 2009 19:27:41 -0700, "cm" wrote:

Beards are back in fashion.....

cm

If you really want to look older, go for it. I have been told I look
15 years younger without facial hair.

I was told I look better with a mustache, but younger without it.
Do I want to look better at 71, or younger than 71?
It's gone.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Red is offline

On Aug 15, 10:28*am, Frank wrote:

I think you can buy them in the drugstore cheaper than that. *I've had
one in my travel kit for about 3 years and yet to change batteries.

Probably 90% of cordless shavers have batteries that are not
replaceable or available to the public. The manufacturer considers
the entire shaver as expendable goods when the batteries will not hold
a charge.
Posted to alt.home.repair

I saw a guy wire a battery pack with three AA cells onto his
cordless phone. Looked dorky, but much longer talk time than
the internals.

Me, I'd had a couple shaver batteries go bad. I was planning
to wire them to alkaline batteries, and use them that way.
Never followed through, though.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus