Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bladders in water pumps

Howard Neil wrote:
Hi, My bladdered water pump has a problem. I found that there was
water both sides of the bladder in the holding tank. Yet I cannot
find a split (which is what I was expecting to find) or even a hole
in the bladder.
I have filled it with water and stood it on dry concrete for half an
hour but there was no leak. Can these bladders just leak under
pressure, please?

Its not a bladdered pump, its a bladder in the pressure accumulator. The
bladder simply keeps the water under pressure when the pump is off demand.

Sounds like a pressure leak to me.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk