Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - Norelco razor repair

On Sat 15 Aug 2009 04:47:30a, Tom G told us...

"Frank" wrote in message
On Aug 14, 9:10 pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
If you're using the Norelco, snap the head off. Slide
each cutter out of the plastic triangle. Then disassemble
the comb and cutter. Brush out each piece. (I had long
hair strands wound around stuff in there.) Water helps.
Pick the hair out with a tweezer, and brush the heads
and screens clean with hand wash soap and old tooth brush.

Then reassemble the combs and cutters, slide them back
into the triangle, and snap back onto the razor. A tiny drop
of oil on each comb and cutter might help, too. Silicone
spray is better yet.

Shaves nicely, again. Easier and cheaper than going to buy
a new shaver. No trip to the store needed.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org .

My current one is over 3 years old and this is just normal, every few
weeks, cleaning.
Norelco trys to sell you a new head after a year but I've never bought
one - old works fine.

Previous two Norelco had the combs get thin and break off chunks. Cost

of
replacing head almost as much as new razor. My new Norelco cleans by
flipping the head open and holding under hot faucet after every couple of
shaves. Great feature.

Tom G.

My latest Norelco is about 2 years old. I clean that one and prevous ones
with pressurized air. I rarely have to disassemble the heads for cleaning,
but do so occasionally when I wash and dry them.

--
Wayne Boatwright
You can tell how long a couple has been married by whether they are