Posted to alt.home.repair
metspitzer metspitzer is offline

Default "Backstabbed" wiring: bad rap?

On Sat, 15 Aug 2009 17:11:02 -0700 (PDT), JIMMIE
wrote:

I found problems with wire nuts also in my lighting. On several
ovehead light the wires just pulled out of the nuts when I pulled them
down for inspection. I also found 6 lights, two in the bathrooms and
four outside that did not have J boxes They were just screwed to the
wall withe the wirenuts tucked inside the wall. None of the light
fixtures were grounded. I later heard that the electrician only did
the electrical rough-in. The unskilled labour installed the lights and
outlets.

They should send people to jail for such shoddy work.