Posted to alt.home.repair
John John is offline

Default Kenmore Elite 795.7519 fridge. Leaking water reservoir

Smitty Two wrote:
In article , John wrote:

My Kenmore Elite 795.7519 refrigerator has a leaking water reservoir on
the door.

Here's what it looks like: http://i28.tinypic.com/53uzgk.jpg

I attempted to resolve the problem myself.

After turning the water supply off, I tried disconnecting the hoses to
the reservoir.

Right off, I wound up snapping off the top of the water reservoir. The
water reservoir now needs to be replaced.

Before I call anyone for a repair, I'd still like to try to repair it
myself but I don't know the secret to disconnecting the hoses.

Help please.

The thinnest ring, washer, or whatever you call it, at each junction,
actually moves just a tiny bit against a spring. That disengages the
hose and it slides off virtually effortlessly.

That's what I thought. I took a photograph of the unit before I started
to disassemble the unit so that I would know what went where.
Then I took off those rings and tugged on the hose.
This is what I got for my heroic efforts:

http://i26.tinypic.com/ezg4th.jpg

Now I don't have any drinkable water in the house and I ran out of
bottled water. The tap water is truly awful.
Am I in hot water now?