Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Kenmore Elite 795.7519 fridge. Leaking water reservoir

John wrote:
My Kenmore Elite 795.7519 refrigerator has a leaking water reservoir on
the door.

Here's what it looks like: http://i28.tinypic.com/53uzgk.jpg

I attempted to resolve the problem myself.

After turning the water supply off, I tried disconnecting the hoses to
the reservoir.

Right off, I wound up snapping off the top of the water reservoir. The
water reservoir now needs to be replaced.

Before I call anyone for a repair, I'd still like to try to repair it
myself but I don't know the secret to disconnecting the hoses.

Help please.

If I see what I think I'm seeing, the bottom connector appears to have
a red "U" shaped keeper slipped under the head of the connector. I would
slip that red piece out and then push the ring toward the connector
which should release the tubing allowing you to slip it out.

TDD