Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Perpetual motion - free energy

Ulysses wrote:
"dpb" wrote in message
Larry The Snake Guy wrote:
On Aug 11, 4:40 pm, dpb wrote:
Ulysses wrote:

I already live on a perpetual motion machine.
Eh???
Well, it'll probably still be moving when the sun explodes, so I guess
that's close to perpetual motion.

Actually it's no "closer" than any other process--it follows same
thermodynamic laws--it's just that the losses are relatively small with
respect to the total mass. It (assuming the reference is to the earth I
presume) _is_ slowing measurably albeit granted it's on a relatively
long time frame.

--

Well, maybe it's not pure perpetual motion, but it'll probably keep going
longer than anyone will be around to see it finally stop. In any case,

Whether anybody will be around is totally immaterial; the point is it
really _isn't_ any "closer"; it's just a different system but 2nd law is
2nd law, no matter where (at least as far as we know, anyway).

And, yes, the lure of perpetual motion and the simply naive as well as
the charlatans have being touting solutions based on faulty premises
using permanent magnets since about forever--that phenomenon may be the
most perpetual of all.