Posted to alt.home.repair
albee albee is offline

Default electric water heater question

On Sat, 15 Aug 2009 16:38:37 GMT, (Ron in
NY) wrote:

albee wrote:

So, I turned the breakers off (two 30 amp ones), and pulled the wires
out of the breakers to measure the resistance between them.

================================================= ==========
I'm surprised that nobody picked up on this---You are not supposed to have
two 30 amp breakers feeding your water heater. You are supposed to have 1
two pole breaker. Are you sure you are checking the right 2 breakers ???

RON
Remove the ZZZ from my E-mail address to send me E-mail.

Thanks! LOL... yeah, right ones, as when I turn them off the power
goes off. All of my "dual" appear to be singles, with the two switches
bound by a metal clip so that they switch together.
Florida home, built in 1986.