Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - cell phone advice

Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,
The Daring Dufas wrote:

"I know, I can't stop." The natural insecticide, nicotine, is
a powerfully addictive alkaloid that gets hold of them and the
unfortunate youngsters can't shake it off.

TDD

It's been claimed, and I believe it, that the chemicals the tobacco
companies add are far more addictive than the nicotine itself. I've
known a handful of smokers who were able to kick the habit by first
switching to an additive-free brand such as American Spirits, as an
interim step. If you're going to play evangelist, you might put that
suggestion in your arsenal.

I smoked for 9 months and went cold turkey at the age of one day.
In the middle of the last century, folks didn't know any better
and everyone smoked everywhere. I wasn't a snot nosed kid, I was
a green slime kid. I can't hate my parents for what they did to
me with the air pollution because they had no idea of the harm it
caused but I sure can resent it. People don't believe me when I
tell them that I can tell if someone in the car in front of me
is smoking, even though I can't see it, when traveling down the
freeway at 70 mph. That's how sensitive I am to the stench. I'm
gonna cut a really big fart now, excuse me.

TDD