Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default "Backstabbed" wiring: bad rap?

David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 8/14/2009 6:18 PM David Nebenzahl spake thus:

You're talking about the kind of back-wire connections found on GFCI
outlets, right? To me, that's the best of both worlds: the convenience
and speed of back-wiring plus the positive connection offered by a
screw clamp. I think I'll start using those outlets instead of the el
cheapo Home Despot ones.

Follow-up to my own reply: Do those "spec-grade" outlets come in
non-Decora style? I generally don't like Decora outlets when installing
in older houses.

You can get "spec grade" outlets in the traditional style (I have
several boxes of them waiting for upstairs renovations) but not all of
them have back wire clamp type connections.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel