Posted to alt.home.repair

Default A frustrating bathtub problem- SOLVED

On Thu, 13 Aug 2009 16:07:01 -0400, LouB wrote:

jim wrote:
On Aug 13, 1:47 pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
Washer in side the handle will strip the matching spline and
socket. That's what the OP is having, now.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"DT" wrote in message

Or, space them out with a washer inside the handle and use a
screw that
is longer so everything will tighten up.

--
Dennis

Thanks folks. I was able to get longer stems to fit. Saved me a
bundle. BTW Home Despot and the like advised a tear out as the only
resolve. The 75 year old semi - retired plumber 2 blocks down working
out of his basement had the solution and gave me the new parts gratis.

And thank you for reporting the solution!

And another thanks of appreciation for the followup. Sometimes the
best solution is the most simple.