Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - cell phone advice

Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,
The Daring Dufas wrote:

willshak wrote:
on 8/13/2009 8:22 PM (ET) wrote the following:
On Thu, 13 Aug 2009 18:13:58 -0400, George
wrote:

I have several USB chargers that will plug into the cigarette
lighter in a vehicle. I wonder what will become of the lighter
when everyone quits smoking? *snicker*

TDD

They will put labels that state "accessory power" on them and fit
them with a tethered or hinged cap instead of a lighter. Many
vehicles are already made that way.

Mt wife just bought a new Lincoln and it has a bunch of lighter
sockets but not one lighter.

My wife's 2000 Maxima didn't have a cigarette lighter or usable ash
tray. There was a dummy plastic cigarette lighter in the socket and a
cloth lined ash tray ( for coins or small doodads, I guess). Having a
real lighter and ashtray were options.

I think it may be an indication that the number of people who
purposely inhale smoke is declining. When I talk to young folks
who smoke, I point out that most of those who die in house fires,
die of smoke inhalation. I then ask why are you purposely inhaling smoke?

TDD

So how do they answer?

"I know, I can't stop." The natural insecticide, nicotine, is
a powerfully addictive alkaloid that gets hold of them and the
unfortunate youngsters can't shake it off.

TDD