Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Toad stools

On Wed, 12 Aug 2009 07:48:24 -0700 (PDT), Red
wrote:

I always used a bagger on my lawn to avoid thatch problems. The turf
was good but a little sparce. I replaced my mower this spring and now
no longer have a bagger. The turf is somewhat thicker but I'm now
getting small white toadstools throughout the yard. Looks like mixed
signals to me. Are the toadstools an indicator of problems with thatch
and high southern humidity?

Red

Fungus is a good indicator you have plenty of organic matter, at least
in the locations where they are growing. At times I get a
brightly-colored slime mold over my lawn, more interesting than
harmful. Better to have toadstools (and rain) than a drought.