A.Pismo Clam

Default Building Kitchen Cabinets

In California, the "code" is 18" from the top of your countertop surface
to the underside of your upper cabinet...

Alain

Ray Kinzler wrote:

Juergen,

I am just planning on the 'normal' distance between the countertop and
the bottom of the upper cabinets to place my microwave. Is that not
enough space?

Also, I never really thunk aboutit but how much space DOES there need
to be between the bottom of the cabinets and the top of the fridge?

Be careful not to obstruct the cooling vents of the microwave and the
airflow behinde the fridge, just remember that the microwave produces
as much "unwanted" heat which has to be blown away as it produces heat
in the food, and that the fridges efficiency drops to nothing if the
backside has no cooling airflow.

--
MZ?