Posted to alt.home.repair
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default Hear water meter 'clicking' throughout the pipes when in-groundsprinkler running

On Aug 14, 2:47*am, blueman wrote:
"Rudy" writes:
- Is this "normal" for a water meter?

Yes, depending on the type of meter. *Ours "clicked" away while water was
running and my sharp eared wife could hear it ..like tapping on the stud(s)
where it was attached in the basement

I guess on our system it must be pretty normal because the sound if
anything got louder when we replaced the meter. Must have to do with
the high flow rate of the sprinkler system. Kind of annoying
though...

When I lived in Ga the meter was mounted in the basement and would
click loudly whenever we filled the pool. I used to refer to this
sound as money falling down the drain. This was particularly expensive
when the city quit charging a flat rate for sewer and it was based on
2 times water usage. Shortly after that there was a company opened up
that started filling pools from a tanker truck.

Jimmie