Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default microwave oven

Stephen wrote:
On Fri, 14 Aug 2009 00:27:58 +0100, "Graham." wrote:

At the time we were fixing them I think we paid 39GBP + tax for
the module for most models.

Thanks everyone for the explanations about choke doors.

Re. the Sharp LCD, I can't remember how much it would have cost to
have had my LCD replaced. I suspect that Graham's 39+vat was a trade
price for parts only? I think I would have been quoted parts+labour,
which would have been more.

Even if I could have had the LCD replaced for £39, I think I would
have decided against it. I needed two LCDs in say 2 years. I decided
that £39 per year for a new display each year was dearer than buying a
new oven in the long run.

One reason why I am still running a ten year old machine with just two
dials on it.

HTH