Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim S Tim S is offline

Default High level bog cistern

BigWallop wibbled:

You're becoming more than a DIYer, Tim, me man. Starting to use jigs to
line things up is starting to get into the professional arena. :-) lol

Hehe

A couple of millimetres either way in any project is always a sign of
perfection.
..

Actually it was more so the studs would actually even go through the 2 holes
in the cistern at all[1] I was expecting to do some percussive
adjustment on the studs, but it just slid on - that was good

I had some M6 A2 stainless stud as a fall back, but it felt rather bouncy so
I aimed to make the M8 work. Not sure why people spend £££ for "proper"
stainless stud fixings when a metre of A2 threaded bar can be had from
Toolstation for a few pounds...

Cheers

Tim