Posted to alt.home.repair
SMS SMS is offline

Default OT - cell phone advice

wrote:

Don't know why Motorola dumped all the product lines they did well to
concentrate on a business that is relatively low-profit, that they do
so VERY poorly. Of all the things Motorola did well, CELL phones is
not one of them.

They used to have the best phones, back in the days of TDMA/AMPS and
CDMA/AMPS, at least in terms of the radio portion of the phones. Their
user interface always sucked. Phones like the V325 and the E815 are
still sought after in the used market.

It was not all that long ago when the handset business was _not_ low
profit. It's likely that they are about to unload their handset business
to someone in China.

I had a kid in my car the other week with a Motorola Rival on Verizon
which was pretty nice. Out here we're pretty limited in terms of phones
because almost everyone uses Verizon because the AT&T, T-Mobile, and
Sprint coverage are so poor. So while the kids may want iPhones, it
makes no sense because the phone part of it isn't usable in many areas
of town. Makes more sense for an iPod Touch and a CDMA phone on Verizon.
There's probably a lot of parents around that hope that Verizon doesn't
get the iPhone next year!