Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default A frustrating bathtub problem- SOLVED

Oren wrote:
On Thu, 13 Aug 2009 16:07:01 -0400, LouB wrote:

Thanks folks. I was able to get longer stems to fit. Saved me a
bundle. BTW Home Despot and the like advised a tear out as the only
resolve. The 75 year old semi - retired plumber 2 blocks down working
out of his basement had the solution and gave me the new parts gratis.

And thank you for reporting the solution!

It always helps to have a good neighbor.

And probably even more it pays to get advice from an actual
knowledgeable source instead of expecting the Borg 'droid to have a clue...