Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil Addison Phil Addison is offline

Default Things I have learnt this week: DIY vapour barrier plasterboard

On Thu, 13 Aug 2009 20:26:46 +0100, Tim S wrote:

Phil Addison coughed up some electrons that declared:

On Wed, 12 Aug 2009 22:38:32 +0100, Tim S wrote:

No-one's asked about the tape measure in the picture...

Oh, go on then...

It's so I can find the conduit again - and know where the rafters are when I
want to fit downlights (if).

snap!!

Thought so... Digicams are a godsend for this arent they?

hatch location:
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/645...119931200p.jpg

Another technique I've used is to directly write dimentions on the bare
wall and convert that to a pseudo drawing in a photo editor

Fixing screws for basin* and radiator brackets:
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/3585/t301012135b.jpg

converted to 'drawing':
http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/7420/t301012135c.jpg

* The 'keep off' indicates an area carefully moulded from the basin, so
it won't get skimmed over.

Phil