Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Things I have learnt this week: DIY vapour barrier plasterboard

For when you forgot to order the right stuff!

http://photos.dionic.net/v/public/bu..._0015.jpg.html

The idea was discussed a while back, but the above is the implementation.

The spray evostick was a good idea but I'd expect PVA would work too.

Took a few minutes and the end result is stable and I would expect more or
less 100% vapour proof.

And fitted:

http://photos.dionic.net/v/public/bu..._0017.jpg.html

Cheers

Tim
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim S wrote:

And fitted:

http://photos.dionic.net/v/public/bu..._0017.jpg.html

Nice....

(you could probably lose ever other screw and still have it stop a
battleship BTW)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Rumm wibbled:

Tim S wrote:

And fitted:

http://photos.dionic.net/v/public/bu..._0017.jpg.html

Nice....

(you could probably lose ever other screw and still have it stop a
battleship BTW)

How else will I get through my box of 1000 drywall screws? :_

Actually - there's a bit along the back edge that has no support - that's
why I stuck that little group of 3 screws at the end of each rafter - bit
of insurance

No-one's asked about the tape measure in the picture...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 12 Aug 2009 22:38:32 +0100, Tim S wrote:

No-one's asked about the tape measure in the picture...

Oh, go on then...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Phil Addison coughed up some electrons that declared:

On Wed, 12 Aug 2009 22:38:32 +0100, Tim S wrote:

No-one's asked about the tape measure in the picture...

Oh, go on then...

It's so I can find the conduit again - and know where the rafters are when I
want to fit downlights (if).

Cheers

Tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 13 Aug 2009 20:26:46 +0100, Tim S wrote:

Phil Addison coughed up some electrons that declared:

On Wed, 12 Aug 2009 22:38:32 +0100, Tim S wrote:

No-one's asked about the tape measure in the picture...

Oh, go on then...

It's so I can find the conduit again - and know where the rafters are when I
want to fit downlights (if).

snap!!

Thought so... Digicams are a godsend for this arent they?

hatch location:
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/645...119931200p.jpg

Another technique I've used is to directly write dimentions on the bare
wall and convert that to a pseudo drawing in a photo editor

Fixing screws for basin* and radiator brackets:
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/3585/t301012135b.jpg

converted to 'drawing':
http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/7420/t301012135c.jpg

* The 'keep off' indicates an area carefully moulded from the basin, so
it won't get skimmed over.

Phil
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Phil Addison coughed up some electrons that declared:

Thought so... Digicams are a godsend for this arent they?

And for when the BCO asks if you ever did something he suggested

hatch location:
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/645...119931200p.jpg

Another technique I've used is to directly write dimentions on the bare
wall and convert that to a pseudo drawing in a photo editor

Fixing screws for basin* and radiator brackets:
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/3585/t301012135b.jpg

converted to 'drawing':
http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/7420/t301012135c.jpg

I like that idea. I might adopt that on the remaining bits.

Cheers

Tim

DIY Vapour barrier plasterboard Tim S UK diy 17 July 16th 09 10:40 AM
Vapour barrier Fergus O'Rourke UK diy 6 September 29th 07 11:02 PM
Vapour barrier TheOldFellow UK diy 1 September 21st 07 03:21 PM
installing vapour barrier D. Winsor Home Repair 1 August 1st 04 01:33 PM