Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lee Nowell Lee Nowell is offline

Default microwave oven

On 13 Aug, 15:06, NT wrote:
On Aug 12, 10:04*pm, Stephen wrote:

On Wed, 12 Aug 2009 06:04:50 -0700 (PDT), NT
wrote:

no, all nukes made since the early 80s use choke doors rather than
seals, and aren't sealed.

What is a choke door? Even wikipedia is silent on that subject.

If there's no seal, that would explain how the steam gets out, so I am
reassured, thank you very much.

The perimeter of the door is shaped so that it acts like a choke at
2.4GHz. The general public seems wedded to the idea that nuke doors
have seals, it was true in the 1970s but theyre long gone now. The
choke design is much safer.

NT

Funnily enough, it is a Sharp microwave obviously a common problem.
Is it easy/ cost effective to fix?

In terms of the bottles, we heat the water only in the microwave then
add the powder afterwards - much easier than messing around with jugs
of hot water etc.

thanks

Lee.