Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Minchin[_2_] Bob Minchin[_2_] is offline

Default 'T' hinge of sorts?

T i m wrote:
On Thu, 13 Aug 2009 14:00:23 +0100, Bob Minchin
wrote:

http://preview.tinyurl.com/oduezq

So, assuming such things exist, what are they called please and where
could I get them from (they only need to be light duty, no wrought
iron farmyard duty needed). ;-)

I think I see what you are asking for.

;-)

I have a door & a half
arrangement on my workshop with the extra half being useful to get
bigger machines in and out. I have just used standard butt hinges let
into the edges of the doors.

Ok. I was thinking of making them Bi-Fold (with the hinges on the
inside of the split doors) but that sorta defeats the object of
leaving at least 1/2 the doors in place most the time etc.

I've not seen a 'double tee' hinge for sale.

Ok and thanks for the feedback.

T i m

I would describe what I have as bi-fold. There is a half door hung off
the door frame (and this is normally bolted shut) and full door hung of
the half door which is used for normal everyday entry.
Three hinges per pivot.

Bob