Posted to uk.d-i-y
Alan[_7_] Alan[_7_] is offline

Default microwave oven

Stephen wrote:

On Wed, 12 Aug 2009 14:07:22 +0100, Alan
wrote:

We have got a Panasonic combined oven/grill/microwave so I don't think

ditto :-)

I've noticed we seem to use it more for convection than microwaves and
have never used the grill. What about you?

We originally bought ours S/H to use while the kitchen was being extended
and we'd be without a cooker. If this one dies we'll be buying another.

It makes excellent baked potatoes on the programmed setting and does chicken
portions really well (provided you don't get impatient and allow them to
'rest' for at least 5 min.).

I'll pass on one really good recipe -
I chop up some leeks really finely and slap the 2 halves of a pheasant
(breast side up) on them in a large pyrex flan dish and cook as 2 chicken
portions. About 5 min before the end I cover the breasts with streaky bacon
to stop them burning and finish the cooking. Allow to rest for 10 min -
loverly, quick and easy :-)
BTW Pheasant is (fairly) cheap in Norfolk during the shooting season.

Alan
--
email ~= s/nospam//