Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graham.[_2_] Graham.[_2_] is offline

Default Extending ring main - joint method?

"NT" wrote in message
On Aug 12, 9:33 pm, Homer Simpson wrote:
I want to break into the ring main and add a couple of sockets but what
is the current best or the recommended method of jointing the cables - a
"traditional" junction box like thishttp://www.tlc-
direct.co.uk/Products/AAJB30.html or to use crimps and heatshrink? The
joints will just be under normal bedroom floorboards.

TIA

cut the cable, install 2 sockets, each cut end goes to one of them,
and add a linking bit of cable. Otherwise you can use a jbox or
crimps. Soldering's also allowed, but with that you should still use a
jbox to enclose it.

Can anyone point me to a recourse about soldering power cables?
I'm not planning doing any myself, but clearly it must involve
more than twisting the wires together and applying the lead-free
equivalent of 60/40.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%