Posted to uk.d-i-y
NT[_2_] NT[_2_] is offline

Default microwave oven

On Aug 13, 12:15*am, "Graham." wrote:
"Stephen" wrote in message

On Wed, 12 Aug 2009 08:36:21 -0700 (PDT), Lee Nowell
wrote:

We also have a microwave/ oven/ grill thing but the LCD screen stopped
working years ago

Was it a Sharp? I had a Sharp microwave oven and the LCD broke twice:
once under warranty and when it went the second time and the warranty
was up, I bought the panasonic because I needed to see the display to
see what I was doing. I made sure the replacement oven did not have an
LCD! I read some web sites after the event and Sharp microwave ovens'
LCDs had (still have?) a bad reputation for breaking.

If your policy was with Domestic & Genral AND the repair was 5-6 years ago
AND you are in Gtr Manchester or Lancashire then it is highly
likley I did the repair.

luckily we only use it to warm food/ baby bottle

Naughty! I thought you were not supposed to do that in case of uneven
heating? That said, I know lots of people do

Microwaving is the ideal method for heating baby food
due to the non invasive cooking method i.e. the food
does not come into contact with cooking utensils.
Whatever the cooking method, what sane person wouldn't
thoroughly mix and taste-test before feeding an infant.
(Yes I know but that's Darwin in action)

A Midwife friend of ours is convinced microwaves destroy
amino acids or some such but I think that's ********.

Microwaves do affect food a little, but nowhere near as much as
conventional cooking

NT