Posted to alt.home.repair
Ashton Crusher[_2_] Ashton Crusher[_2_] is offline

Default How to Attach Drop-In Sink

On Tue, 11 Aug 2009 07:19:58 -0400, "Perry Aynum"
wrote:

I am tiling a vanity countertop, and have a drop-in china sink. The
instructions say to set it with "sealant" which I assume means caulk. Do I
need anything else, such as adhesive, or are the plumbing connections enough
to hold it in place?

All I use is silicone seal/caulk around the underside as a glue and
then the usual wiped bead all around the outside exposed edge to seal
out water and hide any gap. Seems to work fine for me.