Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
LD LD is offline

Default Ultra thin lines in segmented turnings...

"Jerry - OHIO" wrote in message
Find an old dresser out on the curb. I removed a top from a dresser and
soaked it in a bath tub of hot water and soaked off the veinier than
dried it between two boards with clamps.I used the veinier to build a
cathedral radio cabinet for my sterio . Looks real and sounds great.

Also check used furniture places for good wood or veneer that has been
painted over. Many years ago I found a little painted dresser that turned
out to have a birds eye maple veneer top.

LD - Middle name 'Skinflint'