Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil Addison Phil Addison is offline

Default Router - and rebating

On Tue, 11 Aug 2009 22:19:16 +0100, Tim S wrote:

Stuart Noble wibbled:

Tim S wrote:
Stuart Noble wibbled:

Score the plaster with a Stanley knife and gently shave it off. Precious
stuff your nice new plaster :-)
It will be a *lot* easier than trying to scribe architrave. The thought
makes me wince

I think that could work

I think either my 4" scraper (razor sharp one) or a knackered wood chisel
could be the ticket.

If thats like the one I have from B&Q with a 4" blade slightly angled to
a metal rubberised handle, like the shaft of a hammer, I used it
successfully to shave off a few mm of surplus plaster that was in the
way of my skirting boards. It gives surprisingly fine control for such a
vicious looking blade.

Phil