Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim S Tim S is offline

Default High level bog cistern

I've never hung a cistern before. Got a high level jobbie for hopefully a
better flush.

The hanging went well - it's dangling on 2 M8 stainless studs chemical
mortared into the wall (bloody celcon blocks - I don't trust plugs for such
a heavy load). Not going to fall off. Ever.

However - the flush pipe drop isn't quite right and looks like it needs the
cistern packing out at the bottom by about 15-20mm and about 10mm at the
top.

This could be achieved by a piece of batten across the back and some packers
betwixt the cistern and the wall around the bolts.

I don't see an issue with this - but having never done one before, is it
normal to have to shove bits of packing behind cisterns to bring them off
the wall?

Cheers

Tim