Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graham.[_2_] Graham.[_2_] is offline

Default microwave oven

"Lee Nowell" wrote in message
On a similar vein....

We also have a microwave/ oven/ grill thing but the LCD screen stopped
working years ago - luckily we only use it to warm food/ baby bottle
so can operate it blindly!!!

We moved the microwave to another room the other week and all of a
sudden it seems to be more efficient. A few times a day we warm water
for my daughters bottle in the bottle itself. So each time it is the
same volume of water and same size bottle. Anyway for the past 6
months, 40 seconds was fine (sometime 50 in the winter because the tap
water is colder!!). A few weeks ago, this seems to have reduced to
around 20 seconds!!! Whilst on the surface this seemed a good thing.
Should I be worried????

thanks

Lee.

Wouldn't be a Sharp microwave by any chance (LCD issue).

The apparent increase in efficiency is odd, I can't think
of a failure mode to explain it unless there is a volt-drop
in the mains wiring.
Is the turntable still rotating?

--
Graham.