Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterC PeterC is offline

Default New electricity meter - rip-off

On Wed, 12 Aug 2009 16:46:50 +0100, The Wanderer wrote:

Have you looked at your electricity supplier's web site? Have you asked
them what the time periods for E7 are?

As usual: 7 hours between 0000 and 0800, so 0700 is implied as possible,
not published as definite.

The time periods differ by supplier. This link lists times by all
suppliers.

http://spedr.com/1jn9d

It's not particularly up-to-datee, as it lists some now-defunct
distribution companies. It does however illustrate quite clearly that E7 is
available for a *period* of 7 hours in an wider envelope of 8 or 9 hours,
depending on the supplier.

Thanks for the link. It's changed since we first went on to E7, as then it
was 2400 to 0800. My area is E. Midlands, supplied by Southern Electricity
through Ebico but the times are the same.
What I don't like is the uncertainty - preferred the fixed period (well,
been the same for about 10 years).
--
Peter.
it's been flattened with an angel-grinder.