Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Gloat! - Open Box Shed Kit

DerbyDad03 wrote in
:

On Aug 11, 2:25*pm, Red Green wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote in
news:36d42c36-5a40-4d23-b7dc-
:

I didn't need anything as big or as costly as the shed kits at the
borgs so I drew up some plans for an 8 x 6 x 6 lean-to style shed
to store a few items in my backyard

I hooked up the trailer, headed off to HD and $250 later I had all
the 2x4's, plywood and T1-11 that I needed for the shed. Just as I
pulled in the driveway I go "D*mn... forgot the stuff my wife needs
for her project."

So I drop the trailer and head back to HD. This time I go in a
different door and notice a big hand-written sign that says "Open
Box Shed Kits On Sale. Inquire At Customer Service."

"What the heck. I'll see what they got." I end up meeting the
nicest HD manager ever. She walked me over to 4 open box kits, one
of which was an 8 x 8 x 8 Regent II, the one I would have bought if
I wanted to spend the bucks.

http://www.handyhome.com/regent.htm

Regularly $499, she marked it down 50% to $249 - the same amount I
paid for the wood for my little lean-to! We went back inside, she
rang me put, put a Sold sign on the kit and told me to see her when
I came back with my trailer.

I go home, get the trailer, return all my wood and go looking for
Shannon. When I find her, she says "Let me get a fork-truck. Where
are you parked?" So now I've got a manager driving the fork truck
and helping me load the kit in my trailer - a kit I'm sure they
didn't make much money, if any, on. I look the kit over real quick
and notice that there are no instructions. Shannon goes back
inside, looks them up on the web and prints out the 36 page manual
saying "If there's anything else missing, find me during the days
or tell any other manager that Shannon said to give you what you
need.

I've bad mouthed the borgs in the past, but this time I gotta
Shannon her props!

You...have been assimilated! :-)- Hide quoted text -

You know, to some extent that's true.

Hell I'm more guilty than you. Way more guilty.

Anyway, I fell in love with Seven of Nine over a decade ago and started
gluing power tools to my head.

As I looked over the plans, I found an "upgrade" I want to make and
need a couple of more studs.

I will be driving past a Lowes on the way home, and going to HD will
be slightly out of my way, but I'm gonna stop at HD for the studs to
give them my business. I'm not swearing off Lowes, but at least as far
as this shed project goes, I'll buy my materials where Shannon works.