Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Garage Doors

DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Aug 11, 3:26 pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:

In either case, a garage door that improves the (1) weather barrier
and/or (2) saves energy in the climate controlled cases, should be
just as eligible as the entry door or windows of the house itself.

Obviously, giving a tax credit for a door on an uninsulated garage
wouldn't make sense.

In my view, neither would an insulated garage door. Even if an
attached garage, what's the R value of 20 feet of dead air? Whatever
the insulation on the door might be, it's got to be negligible in
comparison.

Unless it's a completed sealed garage, with an air lock system between
the house and the garage, I seriously doubt it's dead air.

If the garage is NOT adequately sealed, then what the hell good is an
insulated door?

If the garage IS sealed, insulating the door would be redundant.

I've seen donuts with more brains than some federal regulators.