Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default Lubricate screw threads for long term protection agains sticking

(David Combs) wrote in
:

In article ,
Ralph Mowery wrote:

"Nate Nagel" wrote in message
bob haller wrote:
On Jul 11, 9:31?pm, blueman wrote:
What (if any) lubricant can I use on a screw/nut to keep it from
binding over time? I may not need to loosen the nut for a decade
or more.

?The nut is part of the burner assembly on our range so it is
exposed to some heat (but not direct flame). It also gets some
moisture exposure due to the inherent moisture content in Natural
gas.

add routine maintence item, move nut loosen and tighten a little
yearly.......

although your range may fail from other problems before this nut
becomes a showstopper

I'd get stainless hardware, use anti-seize and not worry about it.

nate

Stainless has a habit of gaulding and making it even worse than rust.

Whatever "gaulding" is ... Interesting nontheless.

David

it's "galling".

--
Jim Yanik