Posted to uk.d-i-y
Alan[_7_] Alan[_7_] is offline

Default microwave oven

Stephen wrote:

Hello,

We have got a Panasonic combined oven/grill/microwave so I don't think

ditto :-)

it's necessarily cheaper to throw it away rather than get it repaired.
The other day we saw some steam coming from under the door. I looked
and I am sure it came from under the door rather than a vent under the
oven. So my worry is, if steam can get out, can microwaves?

Steam is a gas, microwaves are electro-magnetic radiation so they have
nothing in common - unless we start talking quantum physics :-)

Steam coming out of a microwave oven is fine - after all they're not
airtight and you wouldn't want a pressure build-up while you were boiling
something.

Alan
--
email ~= s/nospam//