Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Perspex adhesive

In article ,
"BigWallop" writes:

"Donwill" wrote in message
I'm trying to purchase a small quantity of acrylic cement to bond a
small acrylic tube to some rod.
In the past I've used Chloroform but I don't suppose I can get any of
that this day and age.
Any ideas?
Don

Ask your local pharmacist for help. They may be able to get you a small
bottle. You do have to sign a legal document for it now-a-days, though, to
prevent you from using such chemicals in an illegal manner. But you should
be able to get it from the friendly chemists shop.

I have found Cyanoacrylate works well with perspex.
It appears to solvent weld it, as well as polymerising.
With care, you can bond two transparent pieces together
with the bond being invisible when you look through it,
and if you pull it apart, the perspex breaks before the
bond separates.

--
Andrew Gabriel